Health & Counseling Services
湖北快3精准计划网Student Health and Counseling Services enhance the educational process by:
- Modifying or removing health related barriers to learning
- Promoting optimal wellness
- Enabling individuals to make informed decisions about health related concerns
- Empowering students to be self-directed and well informed consumers of health care.
Health & Counseling Services include:
- Acute care
- Women’s health clinic
- Preventive care
- Smoke & tobacco cessation
- Immunization clinics
- Personal counseling
- Drug testing
- Limited pharmacy
- USCG license physical exams
Health and counseling services are located on the main level of Curtis Hall, the student residence hall.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday, 7:00 AM – 3:00 PM during the academic year.
No appointments are necessary.
All questions regarding Maine Maritime Academy’s Health Services should be directed to?Tammy Tyler湖北快3精准计划网, RN, ASN, Director of Health Services, (207) 326-2295.
Monday- Friday, 8 AM to 4 PM
Walk-in time is available daily at the Counseling Services office.
Make an appointment by phone, email or stop by the office.
All questions regarding Counseling Services should be directed to Paul Ferreira湖北快3精准计划网, MSW, LCSW, Counselor and Prevention Education Coordinator, (207) 326-2419.
Complete confidentiality is maintained.
- There is no fee for students to visit the Health or Counseling Center. There may be a fee charged to the student account for some supplies and medications that are provided to the students.
- Where possible, MMA will assist students with transportation for non-emergent medical care and medical appointments if they are unable to arrange transportation for themselves.? There is a charge for this service, which will be placed directly on the student’s bill.? This can be arranged with assistance from Health Services or Student Services, or by reaching out to Campus Safety after normal business hours and on weekends.
- Emergency care can be initiated by calling MMA Security Office (207)326-2479 or ext. 2479, or calling 911.
- Local ambulance service is available and healthcare providers are located in hospitals in Blue Hill (20 mi.), Ellsworth (30 mi.), and Bangor (40 mi.).
- The college counselor provides professional personal counseling for students and serves as the Substance Abuse Prevention Education Coordinator. Services are free.
- During the annual training cruise aboard the T.S. State of Maine, medical staff are aboard.
- Required Medical Forms
- Tammy Tyler, RN, ASN, Director of Health Services, (207) 326-2295 or ext. 2295.
- Paul Ferreira, MSW, LCSW, Counselor and Prevention Education Coordinator, provides personal, crisis and substance abuse counseling and education. (207) 326-2419 or ext. 2419. Students who prefer to meet with a female counselor should contact the Director of Counseling, Paul Ferreira, or the Dean of Students, firstname.lastname@example.org?to request to meet with a female counselor. ?The college has contracts with area female counselors who can accommodate this request.